Ralph

Ralph
The sweetest alive

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Can you guess

DH, best friend and I went to an estate auction.  I bought the following old Minnesota treadle sewing machine, made by Sears & Roebuck. It has the original manual and box of attachments.  The machine is well used but seems to have all the working parts.  Needs a good cleaning.  Can you guess what I paid for it?  You will never guess.   I will tell in the next post.   Meanwhile I had a repeat surgery on my ear yesterday.  Doctor found lots of scar tissue behind the drum from my June surgery.  He thinks this is why the perforation reoccurred.  Much more uncomfortable today than the last time.  I am off work the rest of the week.  Hoping I feel better and can get some sewing in before the week ends.     Here is a picture of the completed pillow from a previous blog.  Managed to get that one completed before Christmas.  The weather here has been outstanding all week  and all last week.  DH picked the last of the Tomatoes and we have 2 quart of juice from them.  It will shortly become a pot of chili. 
DH starts a new job on Monday.  No one is more excited than he is.  It has been a long year for him.  It will be an hour drive for him, but he doesn't care as long as he can work.The job will be a little more money than the last job.  Which will help pay for the increase expense for the gas, I guess.   I plan to back off all the overtime I have been working.  I hope to get back to sewing and knitting more, especially now that he has tilled up the garden and it is officially put to bed.    I am knitting a pair of sock with heel flaps done. Just ready to turn the heels.   I am knitting  the two at a time toe up method.  So I hope to get those finished in the next few weeks.  Will post a pic when those are completed.    God Bless this country and all who read this post.  Thanks for stopping by. 

2 comments:

Dianna said...

Beautiful machine! My low guess is $50 but it looks worth a lot more. Didn't know your ear was bothering you again: hope this surgery will fix it for good. Thrilled DH got a job.

Anna Marie said...

So happy that DH has a job. Sure didn't know that your ear was bothering you again; I hope this fixes it for good. I can't wait to see your "toe up" socks. I am awaiting tomorrow's post!