Ralph

Ralph
The sweetest alive

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Thunder and lightning and rain, Oh my!!

I love the rain.  I love the sound and the smell of it.  I love the way plants and trees lift up to capture the water as it falls.  I love the way the world looks bright and clean ( or muddy) after it rains.  Tonight it is raining.  I have been cruising my favorite blog spots and catching up with one and all.  Today was a day spent at the computer finishing a chapter and taking a test.  This chapter was very involved.  Not hard just very involved and I am most happy to be done with it.  I received the good news that my nephew and his wife has a safe delivery of a new 6 pound baby boy.  Last I heard his name was to be Walker. after our maternal grandfather.  So that was happy news.  I know you are all disappointed that I don't have any canning or preserving news for you.   I hope once I finish this class at the end of the month I can fly through some sewing for Christmas.  I made a good start early but was side tracked by the garden.  I have read the good news from several of my girlfriends, (Gerry, Doreen and Carole)  I have been celebrating with you girls on the new babies and the good health news.  Life keeps plunging on.   My poor dog (Ralph) has been very under the weather this week.  Not eating and not getting up or moving around,  He does not act like he hurts anywhere but he is sure not himself.  If he does not perk up he will make a trip to the vet.  He is about 12 or 13 years old .  He was a dump dog that came to me sick and starving.  I nursed him and loved him back to health and he has been so devoted to me since.  He has been a sweet and loving pet.  
Nothing important to share.  Hope you all have a safe week. Living the Life in Mid MO.  God Bless.

1 comment:

Dianna said...

The sound of rain IS wonderful, however I could do without the thunder and lightning. Congrats on little Walker joining your family. Very sorry to hear Ralph isn't feeling well. Actually I was glad to hear your were not canning anything. You need a break!!!