Ralph

Ralph
The sweetest alive

Friday, May 27, 2011

Graduations

What a long happy and sad weekend,   Two Grandchildren graduated high school.  My husband traveled to Boone Iowa to attend the Grandson's graduation.  I traveled to North Missouri to attend the Granddaughter and niece's graduations.  Those were both this past Sunday.  Then Monday night we attended a funeral visitation for DH step mother.   His dad had passed away last November.  Annie was very sad after Dad passed away.  I think she is at peace now.   We will miss here.   Now for the job of going through the house which has two lifetimes of living in it.   Will be a job.  I also wanted to post some flower pictures.  My flowers are always so lovely in May.  The prettiest that they will be all year really.  
    In one week I will be on a plane to Seattle.  Then my daughter, granddaughter and I will be on a ship, the Rhapsody of the Seas, to travel up the inside passage to Alaska.  I am very excited to be on the way.  I need a vacation in the worst way.  I hope to spend some quality time on the deck enjoying the view. 



  My heart and prayers go out to all who suffered losses this past week in the tornado's around the country.  This has been a very violent spring.   Hope it will soon be over.   I will post pictures from the cruise on my return.  In the meantime, have a safe Memorial holiday.

5 comments:

Betty said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Don't you wish they would last all summer?
Enjoy your much needed vacation. Be safe

GerryART said...

Bitter sweet post, gal.

Have a time-out for self revitalization on this trip.

hugs,

Dianna said...

Those are good looking grandkids. Interesting that both had red gowns. Sorry the celebrating was shadowed by the funeral. The flowers are beautiful.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

You have good-looking grandchildren! Congrats to them! And your flowers are looking pretty. Enjoy your vacation...sounds exciting!

Anna Marie said...

Congrats to the graduates! DH and I have seen your beautiful flowers in real life! Bon Voyage!