Ralph

Ralph
The sweetest alive

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Up to my eyeballs.

  This post was from May 25.  However, I put it in  draft instead of publish.  So what the heck.  I am going to publish it now.  Heavy rains throughout the night with vivid lightening and loud thunder, all of which I slept through.  This morning  I was keeping a close eye on the newly fledged baby blue birds.  Four fat and fluffy little blue birds leaped (or fell) from the birdhouse into the flower garden.   They had a treacherous journey through the flower bed, around the water feature and up the drive to reach the safely of tall grass in the neighbor's lot.   Two were still in the grass at 5 pm.  I hope they figure out how to fly before the coming thunderstorms drown them tonight.    The Husband  picked our small strawberry patch this morning.     We have had enough berries in the past week to eat  two strawberry shortcakes.  Yum. Today, he picked two 4 quart buckets full.   So I froze two one gallon vacuum sealed bags of halved berries(although I am sure they did not hold a gallon)  With the remaining  berries, I made two batches of strawberry jam.   I took four still warm jars to my quilting girls.  We  five get together once a month to catch up on the news of one another and share in some sisterhood.   Great gals and I love them dearly.  It was nice to share the bounty with them.   The past two weeks I have been busy planting the flower beds.  The peonies are blooming now.   They smell so lovely.  Between work and the yard/garden  I have had little time for the computer and reading blogs.  Rainy days are always nice for catch up time.  

1 comment:

Dianna said...

You do so much, no wonder you don't have time for blog.